The British car giant recently unveiled their priciest model yet…and for any car lover, the machine you’d agree is a sight to behold.
Priced at £140,000, N35 million(I’m sure it will be pricier from car dealers), this road monster is the most expensive and luxurious Range Rover ever created by the British 4X4 firm.
The new range-topping super-luxury Autobiography Black derivative of the Range Rover offers rear occupants fully adjustable reclining first class airline style seats with in-built massager, champagne chiller, individual electronic tables in black leather, mood lighting in ten colours, as well as a range of luxurious leather, wood and other interior trim.
Despite its name, it will also be available in white and other colours, as ‘Black’ is a term used in the automotive industry to denote a prestige model.
For the first time in 20 years Jaguar Land Rover is also offering customers a long wheel-base version of the Range Rover – giving five and a half inches of extra legroom to occupants in a bid to capture more of the limousine market for chauffeured VIPs.
A Land Rover spokesman said: ‘This will be the most expensive and luxurious Range Rover ever.’
It is powered by a 5.0 litre supercharged V8 petrol engine which propels it from rest to 60mph in just 5.5 seconds to a top speed of 140mph.
The target audience for the sumptuous off-roader is royalty – both the blue-blooded real and the ‘tinsel-town’ Hollywood variety – as well as ministers and senior politicians and top sporting stars. But then I trust my Nigerian car freaks. Once the car goes on sale, you can be rest assured a few units will be found in the shortest time possible on Nigerian roads.
The most luxurious Range Rover Autobiography Black makes its world debut at the Dubai International Motor Show on November 5.
Range Rover Autobiography Black long wheel-base
Price: from £140,000
Width (mirrors folded): 7ft 3 inches
Engine: 5.0 litre supercharged V8 petro
0-60mph: 5.5 seconds
Top speed: 140mph.
Legroom: 47.5 inches (nearly 4ft) – 5 and a half inches more than standard Range Rover
Load volume: 82.8 cubic feet – 11.1 cubic feet more than standard
- Leather seating includes massager and 18-way adjustment for the driver and front passenger.
- Seat settings and air conditioning can be saved for all passengers.
- Lower back massagers in rear chairs which can recline like airline seats
- LED mood lighting allows for 10 different settings including footwell lights and rear console
- Black leather-coated tables for backseat passengers along with chiller compartment
- Removable headphone stowage trim reveals a ski hatch for those heading for the snow
- Three exclusive colour combinations are available for the Range Rover Autobiography Black at launch: an off-white Ebony-Lunar, Espresso-Tan and a Dark Cherry-Ivory combination
- Large 10.2 inch rear screens are fitted to the back and linked to a high quality sound system
- Powered side door blinds and a panoramic sunroof come as standard